Friday, December 24, 2010

MOVE OVER MARTHA

I'll try to be brief.
Everyone is so busy 
❋❋❋ after all, it is Christmas Eve ❋❋❋

I had the place to myself all day 
yesterday.
the one and only item
on the checklist ... 

SET THE TABLE ... 
(no fair peeking, Ang)

If you're at all like me, this is the crowning glory.
Somehow even the food tastes better
with a pretty, styled centerpiece and table ware.

I lamented ... 
green and red Christmas plaid was in my plan from the get go.


I stewed, and sighed.
It just wasn't coming together.

In mid stream, I changed the plan.
Toile, glass, and oodles of vintage nativity pieces.

A little of this and a lot of that.
I foraged the house and the craft room ... scratching my head as I went.
Tiny tree stumps, glitter, shipping tags, a burlap runner,

front and center
THE CHRIST CHILD
after all this is HIS birthday.


I have to admit
we are not eating until
4 p.m. tomorrow, but I've strolled past the table hundreds of times, since finishing.

Noticing tiny new details with each re-visit.





It's kind of like the Marshall Fields windows on State Street.

Magical, mysterious and because of the
CHRIST child, majestic.

It took an unexpected turn from green and red to THIS ...

I'm so glad it did.


Merry Christmas


and
❋❋❋ move over martha ❋❋❋



zee menu



Turkey with Stuffing
Sirloin Tip Round Roast/a jus  
Glazed Baby Carrots  
Petite Green Beans with Hollandaise 
Organic Garlic Mashed Potatoes /Gravy
Corn Chowder  
Fresh Cranberry Sauce   
Baguettes
Champagne
Pumpkin Cheesecake
with Bourbon Praline Sauce


wine and cheese at 1:00p.m.
Dinner will be served family style at 4 p.m.
Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment