Monday, December 27, 2010

... AND NOW JANUARY ...



as I think back over this year

~2010~

(yup, Im glued to the sofa today, and maybe just maybe for the whole week)

the realization hit me ...
the pace around here since the email that Fifi was coming to photograph our home (Feb. 2009)
has been nothing but O.V.E.R.D.R.I.V.E.

~Jan. glorious birth of grandchild number three
slight break

~ scraped and painted the front porch (70 hours) in May
(Mr. Savvy minus a job from May-October)

~entertained Fifi for about a week in June

~Hit July running with the "Shop the Shed" sale looming ...
sad loss of my daughter's father in law

~Spent two weeks at the family farm for a much needed reunion ...
(my Dad)
( My Mom)
(Mom and Dad and the siblings)


~August ... didn't even come up for air ... painted 30 plus pieces of furniture
~ moved college kids to a new apartment

~September ... completely redesigned the back porch (70 hours plus) 
(how does THAT number keep coming up?)

October ... another month with little to no breathing room

~a best friend passed away ...

~we hosted "Shop the Shed", and our fourth grandchild was born.
~lest I forget, I was invited to consign my antiques and collectibles at a very sought after and chic retail garden shop
Scentimental Gardens in Geneva, Il
(will be posting soon on this)
~re-opened on Etsy
which doesn't sound like a big deal, but it's a part time job, to be sure.



~ Thanksgiving, and now Christmas and all that goes with the territory.

I love being busy, really I do.
Don't know about you, but am ready on this home front for a respite.
Ready to hit the lap pool hard, get to know the indoor walking track better ...
down a few more salads, pump some iron,
and in general, slow down.

All that mixed with
~a possible second visit from Fifi
~a possible "Midwest Living" photo shoot
~Spring version of "Shop the Shed"
~planting season
~A June wedding 
~prep work for the fall "Shop the Shed"
right back where we started, eh?

yadda yadda yadda
blah blah blah ...

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all ...
there's no room for complaining ...
I am thankul for the God given health and energy to work and create!

how's your year shaping up?


fondly,
savvycityfarmer

No comments:

Post a Comment